Monday, November 11, 2013

FHE

Where our little family became a forever family.
As of late Carson is loving to pull down his temple board book and look at all the temples, so we thought a perfect Family Home Evening (FHE) trip would be to go so the Provo temple. Additionally from loving to look at his temple book and point all the temples he always points out the temples as we pass them or see them in the distance. A Funny story from yesterday as we traveled to my the baby blessing of my cousin's baby yesterday, as some of you may know Northern Utah has lots of large white grain silos, well you might have guessed Carson calls them temples as well. 

If you don't know what a grain Silo is here is a picture.  You might now understand why he might think this is a temple too. 

We feel it is important to show and to talk to our children about the temple and the purposes of the temple from a very young age. President Thomas S Monson stated, "  You parents of young children, may I share with you some sage advice from President Spencer W. Kimball. Said he: It would be a fine thing if ... parents would have in every bedroom in their house a picture of the temple so [their children] from the time [they are] infant(s) could look at the picture every day [until] it becomes a part of [their lives.] When [they reach] the age that [they need] to make [the] very important decision [concerning going to the temple], it will have already been made." So even though out children are small they know the temple is important to a certain degree and as they grow older will gain a better understanding why our temples are so important to us. Our temples help us gain the necessary ordinances, including being sealed for all times and eternity to our families to return to live with our Heavenly Father. 

One of my favorite Children's Songs from my primary days is 
 I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday. To feel the Holy Spirit to listen and to pray. For the temple is a house of God. A place of love and beauty. I'll prepare myself while I am young; this is my sacred duty. 

I love to see the temple. I'll go inside someday. I'll conv'nant with my Father; I'll promise to obey. For the temple is a holy place where we are sealed together. As a child of God I've learned this truth. A family is forever. 


Our little family visiting the Provo, UT temple. 
I am grateful that I made the choices to be married to a wonderful husband for time and all eternity and that I am sealed to my little family and extended family forever as long as I live up to the promises I made in the temple. I love the feeling that I get each time I am able to go to the temple and help those who have passed on receive those ordinances and blessings that only the temple brings, and in so doing I am greatly blessed myself. 

I DO love to see the temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment