Sunday, January 27, 2013

Come Follow Me









As many of my 
readers may know already, but the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has recently as of this year changed 
how we teach our youth during our Sunday meetings. I can honestly say I was apprehensive about teaching this new curriculum as teachers are not given a manual or a set lesson to teach, and that is how I have been used to being taught as well as teaching. However, as I have taught a few lessons I personally have gained a greater knowledge and drawn closer to my Heavenly Father, my Savior, as well as getting to know the Holy Ghost on a more personal level. I never could have imagined that not having a set lesson to go to and teach I would have learned as much as I have in such a few short weeks. We have been encouraged by our latter day prophets to teach the youth as the Savior would teach them if he were living on the earth today. As I have studied and pondered ideas and questions about the Godhead this month and found answers to those questions, through lots of different methods, I have had to learn the gospel, not just know about the gospel and the teachings I hold sacred.  I will put myself out there and say that I know that we each can have a personal relationship with our Heavenly Father, our Savior, and the Holy Ghost we just have to take the effort and the means they have of getting to know them for ourselves. I can only imagine as I continue to teach and study in the way that the Savior himself taught and learned, I will be able to not be afraid to stand up for what is right in the face of many trials and adversities that plague the world today. I will be a better mother, a better wife, a better friend, and a better disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ. I know that there are 3 members of the Godhead and each have one purpose to bring about the immortality and eternal life of man, but each has their own distinct roles in accomplishing them, and with their help I too can help in building up of the kingdom of God on this earth. I encourage all even those who do not have youth to check out the new way of teaching our youth, it is most beneficial to all, use it as a means to become better than you are today. If you want to take a look and I encourage all to do so, even if you may not know my faith you can find them at https://www.lds.org/youth/learn

1 comment:

  1. You are a great lady, Denise. Those girls are lucky to have you for a teacher. I love you.

    ReplyDelete