Monday, March 4, 2013

Pinterest Flop


With the help of Pinterest, I have been attempting new recipes and starting to get more dishes in my cooking, which is hard because I am a very picky eater. Well the other night I decided to make Lemon Angel Hair Pasta with chicken, only I used spaghetti noodles instead. In addition to not having angel hair pasta, I had to make a substitute for half and half and use lemon juice from a bottle instead of fresh squeezed juice. Well it turns out that while making this, supposed to be a delicious pasta meal, I turned it into lemon bar spaghetti, all I needed to add was powdered sugar and you would have dessert. I inadvertently added the wrong amount of lemon juice, tasted disgusting  we ended up going out to eat that night because I did not want to cook anymore after that blunder. A few nights later I attempted it again, with the right amount of lemon juice, however, still a bit too lemon flavor for me, so next time I will use even less. 

Robert posted this on his facebook: Note to Self: Make absolutely sure you do your conversions correctly when adding lemon juice to your pasta dish, otherwise you might end up with something resembling lemon bar spaghetti. Needless to say I did not get brownie points for this masterpiece. 

Pasta without chicken, did not put in after the lemon flop!

1 comment: