After two years of saving our Christmas money, we decided to take the plunge and get new tile flooring this year. In order to save a bit of money, we decided that Robert would do the prep work, which included taking down the existing base boards, ripping up the linoleum, removing the excess glue on the floor, taking off toilets, and other clean up jobs once the floor was completely removed.
It was a lot of work, and with me being 9 months pregnant and having to take care of Carson, I have to say thank you to my wonderful husband, who after working full time still came home to get the floors ready for installation, love him dearly for it. Also a big thank you to Daddy for coming and helping Robert a few times with floor prep, I know it took a lot out of him, but we sure do appreciate his willingness to help.
A back story to finally getting the floor, was due a small hole that was ripped in the linoleum back when we were painting the house just before Carson was born. Below is the whole reason the project started, LOL!
Now there is no more ugly hole to look at.
This post will have a lot of pictures, but a must have is before and after pictures, along with progress pictures, so enjoy!
Carson really wanted to help Daddy out with floor destruction, and he was a natural at the process.
Using all the muscles that he has to help Daddy to pull up the floor.
Trying it on his own.
Removing the left over linoleum with a scraper, unfortunately he still remembers this process and a few times I have found him scraping the new tile. Luckily it is very durable, perfect we have kids!
Our little handy man!
What a great picture of Carson helping his grandpa with the floor.
"Grandpa broke the floor, uh oh."
Before and After
Our kitchen when we purchased the condo in 2008
We still have to paint the baseboards and do some painting touch ups, which will probably take a few months to complete with a new baby due within the next 3 weeks, but we are happy to have the floor installed, and we love it!