Monday, October 22, 2012

Over the River and Through the Woods

Last week we went over the river and through the woods to grandma and grandpa O'Donnell's house in Ely. It was a very fun weekend, filled with a trips to the mine, grocery store,  duck pond, V & S, Nevada Railroad station, horses, and we can't forget grandma and grandpa's house and yard. Carson at the time we were visiting also  learned a few new words including eat, star, and dirt. He learned dirt from his grandma Payne, while he was having a blast playing in the dirt in the garden, his favorite place was in a circle of bricks in the garden. On Friday the 19th, we visited the local mine where they mine copper, silver, gold and other minerals, while we were there we had the privilege of seeing them blast a portion of the ground to start in a new place, I can honestly say it was not as exciting as we all made it out to be. I however, I was able to get a few pictures of the dust after the blast and a few pictures of the site and of all who were there. Also forgive me this is a long post for a fun weekend.

Dust after the blast




Aunt Rachel and Carson
The whole Gang

 Uncle Austin and Carson


On Saturday the 20th, Carson, Rachel, Grandma, and myself went to the duck pond, and to the Nevada Railroad station where they are currently running the "Ghost" train and have their Halloween decorations up. It was a lot of fun to feed the ducks and watch the trains be hooked up.





Carson @ the Duck Pond


 Feeding the ducks cantaloupe 


Carson & Mommy's Shadow
 Grandma, Carson, & Rachel
 Nevada Northern Railway






Also on Saturday, we went down and rode Grandpa's horses, it was a lot of fun. It has been a few years since I rode a horse, but it came back pretty quickly, however, it is a bit different riding with a child in front of you. Carson, Austin and I rode Lil, she is a very easy horse and Carson loved riding. 






















Also throughout the weekend, my Grandma and I put together an apron for my Halloween costume. This year as a family we are going to be characters from the Wizard of Oz. Carson will be the Lion, Robert will be the Tin Man, and I will be Dorothy. As with most things I am not so good at, so with sewing I had to document the sewing progress, the final picture will be a family picture later on this month. 






Finally we had to document Carson's first Oreo dipping experience and few other random pictures of everyone throughout the weekend. Sorry for the long post, however, I hope you had a fun time reading and looking through our getaway. 


 First dunking experience

 Great job Uncle Austin!

 What's my allowance?

 Loved playing with this wooden rackets




Thanks again Grandma and Grandpa for lettings us mess up your house a bit, and make a bit of noise, it was a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment