Wow time is going so much quicker with baby number 2 than baby number 1. I honestly can't believe Sydni is 3 months old yesterday, where has the time gone. Of course when you are in the moment of sleepless nights and a newborn needing your constant attention it seems like it will never end, but alas here we are 3 months later and so much has changed.
My little ladybug!
We have been trying to go swimming with the kids once a week, so Carson can practice his swimming. They both love the water, though Sydni can't stay in the water to long without getting the shivers.
- Though it does not appear in her pictures that she smiles, she does in fact give the cutest smiles.
- Loves to be paid attention to and in fact if you don't pay attention to her for a couple of minutes she wants to be held.
- She loves her Mama, Daddy can be holding her for only seconds and she wants her Mama back.
- She is starting to slowly be okay by herself in her bouncer or on the floor for short periods of time, but she still prefers to be held.
- She is pretty close to rolling from her stomach to her back, if she will allow herself to be on the floor for longer than 5 minutes.
- She has had some small giggles, love baby giggles, can't wait until it is all the time.
- If I had to guess she is probably at least 14 lbs, she has some chubs on her and I love it!
- She is becoming a much better sleeping, most mornings she only wakes up once between 5 and 7. Last Saturday she even gave us 11 hours, we were shocked to say the least.
- She is a much better nurser, we have come out of the rough part of last month.
- She will carry on a conversation in her own little way, love the chats we have had.
- She now sleeps on her back all swaddled in a few blankets to keep her hands from escaping. If they do she will wake up immediately. This is a change from last month when she was on her stomach.
- She has mastered the art of getting her hands to her mouth and loves to suck on them, she has become a slobbery cute mess a lot of the time.
- She loves to look around the room and try to focus on a toy, she can't quite hold on to them yet, but I am sure any day now.
- She is still in size 1 diapers, but could go up, just have to use the left over we have. We will also have to return some to Costco and Walmart, we just had to many given to us.
- Love her chubby cheeks, they are bigger than Carson's were at this age.
- She loves to take baths and has started to splash a bit more, it might be soon to move her to the big bathtub more regularly.
- Still loves her pacifier and has started to be able to sometimes keep it in her mouth, way to go baby.
- She is in between sizes, some 0-3 month clothes are tight, while some are just fine. I have put her in some 3-6 month clothes, but all are too big on her right now.
Sydni can't wait to spend more time with you and get to know you even better, we love you!