Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Happy Birthday 27

Sunday was my 27th birthday, not sure how that happened, but it did. My cousin keeps reminding me that I am close to 30 now crazy to think my 20's are almost already over. It was a very laid back and relaxing day. My parents and little sister Rachel came to spend church with us and brought cake and steak for dinner. 

Because I didn't teach Young Women's I was able to got to Relief Society which I have not done in some time. It was a wonderful lesson on how we are all great in the sight of God. To start the lesson, three puzzles were give to sisters to put together.  Though they each varied in font and color, each had the same message : Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God. Thought we are all different from each other, we are all the same in that we are beloved daughters(or sons) of our Heavenly Father.  It was a great lesson that reminded me though I maybe imperfect in the world's eye or my own eyes, I am great to my Heavenly Father. We all need to understand our worth and value ourselves so we can help others and remember our divine nature that we are of infinite worth to the Father and His Son. Difference are part of His plan. Remember "We are beloved spirit daughters(sons) of God, and our lives have meaning and purpose, and direction!" (Relief Society Declaration) 

After church my Dad cooked Steak(yummy) to go along we had baked potatoes, lime jello, watermelon, salad, and grape juice, it was delicious! Afterwards we celebrated with a cake, though you can't tell from the pictures the candles say "27" we didn't exactly have 27 candles so we had improvise. I also ended up having some help from Carson to blow out the candles, I guess I was just to slow! 

After a good visit my family had to leave and I was able to take a short nap without interruptions from either kiddo(great birthday present!) It was a great day, the rest of the week unfortunately has been a week of recovering from the sickness I caught over the weekend from my kiddos( But I can't help but love on them with hugs and kisses!)

No comments:

Post a Comment