Tuesday, February 26, 2013

St Patrick's Day & Easter

I love decorating for holidays, the end of the year and the beginning of the year is so fun for me, so many holidays! But this year there was a big debate in my head as to what to decorate for in the month of March, St. Patrick's Day or Easter. One thing that I do not like is to only decorate for a couple of weeks and take it down, but with Easter only about 2 weeks later than St. Patrick's Day I knew personally I had a conflict. I just could not figure out for myself, Robert suggested just putting up Easter, but I love my cute little leprechauns. After thinking about it for a few hours yesterday I decided to ask my all knowing Facebook friends, LOL. I got some responses like, " I already have Easter up. " or "Last year I did St. Patty's stuff so I think I will go straight to Easter." or " If you have ancestors from Ireland you need to honor them and display St. Patrick's Day items too!" Or one of my favorites from my sister who was born on St. Patrick's day, " You can't skip over St. Patrick's Day" to which I replied " True I have to at least celebrate your birth. " Additionally, I had quite a few friends mention that maybe I could do both, it would look nice with bright shamrocks and pastel Easter colors together. This thought, though not one of my original thoughts was indeed a great thought, then I would not have to pick and choose which holiday to decorate for, so in fact I did just that. I decorated my welcome stand with my pot of cold and 4 leave clover, unfortunately my sneaky little leprechaun is missing, maybe he will be back for St. Patrick's Day, additionally I decked out the windows with cute little leprechauns  For Easter I decorated the rest of the front room, with Easter. I have to say I like the idea of combining the holidays. I know have a very festively decorated house for the month of March, enjoy!

St. Patrick's Day 2013

Missing leprechaun, where did you go?

 Cute little leprechauns, now I wish it was as green outside as you are, I guess in time. 

Easter 2013
 Love the bright spring colors of Easter!

 Easter Eggs, arranged all perfectly!
This perfect arrangement of eggs was destroyed by a toddler today, I think I will have a hard time keeping them as perfect as they are in this picture. Oh, the joys of having a toddler!

No comments:

Post a Comment