Monday, April 29, 2013

Growing too Fast!

As we draw closer to the date we are to bring another baby into our family I can't help myself and think they really do grow up fast. My first little baby is almost two and at times that is sad, but I love all the new things he is learning and how he is growing. He has been a joy to me and I can't imagine my life without my little Bubba. He is beginning to talk and repeat more things and I can't help but smile and cheer for all the accomplishments he has made since he came into my life.  I now realize what everyone has meant when they say " Do not blink, because before you know it they will have be out of the house." This poem reminds me of how I am feeling today about my little Carson, mommy loves you!

A Touch of Love

He was six months old and full of fun,
With a blink of an eye, he was suddenly one. 
There were so many things we going to do, 
But I turned my head and he was two. 
At two he is very dependent on me, 
But independence took over when he turned three.
His third birthday, another year I tried to ignore. 
But when I lit the candles, there weren't three, but four.
Four was the year that he really strived, 
Why, look at him now, he's already five. 
Now he's ready for books and for rules, 
This is the year that he goes to school. 
The big day came, he was anxious to go,
We rode to school, going so, so slow.
As he climbed the steps and waived goodbye,
I felt a lump in my throat and tears stung my eyes.
Time goes so fast, its hard to believe,
That just yesterday he was here at home with me. 
And tomorrow when he drives home, 
And I hear his music pound, 
He'll be wearing his cap and graduation grow. 
So I'm holding to the moments as hard as I can,
Because the next time I look, I'll be seeing a man. 

Unknown author

I know that I have not hit some of these miles stones, but if the last 22 months has been any indication they will fly by, but they will be wonderful each and every moment we have together. As we continue to get ready for the baby, I am reminded as he climbs into the bassinet or sits in the infant car seat that he is not my baby anymore, but he will always be mine.

My not so little baby

Love all his little faces!


He loves wearing his "shades"


No comments:

Post a Comment