Friday, April 12, 2013

Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ


This week I have had the opportunity to really sit down and ponder the relevance of the restoration of the gospel in my life and what it means for me personally. I have been able to study the apostasy as well as the restoration through Preach my Gospel, the scriptures, the words of our later day Prophets and Apostles, and multiple other methods, all of which have been spiritually uplifting. I can not help but feel the love my Heavenly Father had for me personally to bring about the restoration in my time that I don't have to want what I cannot have, I can have it now and whenever I want I can be in direct contact with him through prayer. I can be sealed to my family for all eternity because of the restoration of the priesthood and sealing powers within temples which now dot the earth, I love the feeling and peace to know that I can have my children with me forever as long I live faithfully, this was all made possible because of the restoration. I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Christ along with the Bible can bring many to the knowledge of their Heavenly Father and Savior if they study and come to know for themselves. I thank my Heavenly Father for restoring the gospel in my life and hope to be able in part share it with others through my testimony. I know that Joseph Smith was the first prophet in this dispensation and was an instrument in the restoration of the gospel and many truths that were lost during the apostasy, I know the Book of Mormon came directly from God for our benefit that we can come to know our Savior. I know that we have a prophet today on the earth and he Thomas S Monson stands and gives us direction straight from God to us in our time, and finally I know that Jesus Christ is our Redeemer and is at the end of the church today directing it as he did when he was in mortality and this gives me great comfort with all the turmoil in the world today. I hope that maybe my simple testimony can help draw others to Christ and they can find peace and love through him. If you want other testimonies of this truth of the restoration of the gospel please go to http://mormon.org/restoration or visit http://www.lds.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment